Friday, August 9, 2013

Worry Is Not A Friend... But A Frienemy!

Worrying. We all do it from time to time, but does it help us or hurt us? I used to think it was helpful and that without it I might make a wrong decision or my life might veer off track. I used worry as a compass and hoped it would give me special insights and lead me the right way.

Seriously, I felt like if I didn't mentally fret over my current situation or future that I might somehow lose my foothold and my life would land in a ditch! The infinite mental "what if's" would keep me up at night and anxious. I'd even worry that without my worrying I might "miss something" and live a life of regret!

Ironically, looking back, one of my biggest regrets is... worrying. I felt like I had to do this life-thing on my own. I was solely responsible for how my life turned out. If I failed it was all on me. All my fault. With failure I'd be alone and... unloveable.

Feeling overwhelmed with this heavy burden called "my life", I was utterly stressed out! I didn't lean on my Higher Power (God) until after many years when I finally realized I was powerless with my worry. Worry and I were not working out!

I was no longer in control... worry, stress, anxiety and fear were my masters. I lost my way. No time for love, for peace or for joy as I attempted to sooth my fears and loneliness on my own. I realized worry was NOT my friend... but a true "frienemy". Worry looks like a friend on the surface, but is a saboteur beneath it's "helpful" facade.

My addictive attempts at self-soothing only led me to more worry. My way of worrying only bringing me to more of itself. Nothing I could plan or ponder ever once changed the future, except for making me feel more drained and emotionally bankrupt upon it's arrival.

Worry is a mental addiction. Like a broken record it delivers nothing new but the same old tune again and again. Instead of making a positive change or walking down a positive path worry holds us hostage keeping us from following our Purpose, from listening to His Voice of direction and hope.

Worry is a false god. Yes, worshipped and listened to above all other voices, most specifically God's. Worry offers us false hope, far away from the promise of peace and the Purpose God has for us!

Instead of "Letting Go and Letting God" we hold onto worry. We worry in an attempt to control the uncontrollable. We look to worry for direction and companionship instead of looking to God. When we worry we forget about the One True God that has us all in His Loving care.

Let's let go of worry! Let's reclaim our mind and join our minds with God's instead! Let's never again confuse care and concern for worry. Let's stop believing in worry's lie of self-sufficiency and let go of our false sense of control. Let's stop this destructive behavior and instead hand our worries, our thoughts and fears to God!

Without worry monopolizing our mind we will now be open to God's direction and guidance! Heeding His voice we can truly be led towards peace, love and happiness! Letting go of worry lets us now lean on Him and rest in His arms of Love!

❤ Not Just A Blonde

Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment